With the rising crime rate, citizens are desperate to keep themselves safe, especially within the confines of their home. Modern technology has introduced us to the concept of keyless door locks and in this article, we hope to help you understand how to identify a high-quality lock and buy just the keyless door lock you need.
On This Article
- 1. Samsung SHS-H700 Fingerprint Digital Door Lock
- 2. Samsung Digital Smart Door Lock EZON SHS-2920
- 3. Yale YD-01-Y3-CH El
- 4. Kwikset Kevo (2nd Gen)
- 5. Danalock Smartlock
- 6. Z-Wave Poly-Control Danalock
- 7. August Smart Lock
- 8. Danalock SmartLock V3
1. Samsung SHS-H700 Fingerprint Digital Door Lock
Most reviews for this updated Samsung SHS-5230 are positive and customers seem happy with its sophisticated, modern design.
However, it is complicated to install and though worth the money, it is an expensive option.
This keyless lock is touch-screen based and has a dual way security that is accessible through a ‘magic number.’
It has a versatile verification method that includes a numeric passcode, key tag, credit card and fingerprint. The password chosen needs to be 4-12 characters long to ensure optimum security.
- This product has a boxed weight of 3.7 kilograms
- It is battery operated
- It allows up to 100 fingerprints so that multiple family members may have access
- It is not waterproof
- On-screen display messages are in English
2. Samsung Digital Smart Door Lock EZON SHS-2920
It is a considerably cheap option, and customers are satisfied with this programmable door lock that improves the locking mechanism.
However, if you decide to opt for this product, make sure to order it before you have to use as it can take some time to ship in.
The product provides a radio frequency auto folding system. It has a random security code feature and a one-touch feature.
Furthermore, to ensure maximum security, the Samsung SHS-2920 provides dual security with auto and double locks.
- This programmable door lock works on battery
- It gives off a low battery signal as a warning
- It also comes with a 9 V backup battery for customer reliability
- The product has a weight of 1.7 kilograms
- The exterior body has the dimensions of 67 x 157.3 x 16.5 mm
- The volume of the keypad can be controlled
3. Yale YD-01-Y3-CH El
Almost as cheap as the Samsung SHS-2920 keyless locks, this product has mostly positive reviews. It is sturdy and easy to handle.
However, it tends to malfunction in the cold, and the keypad needs to be pressed two-three times in extreme temperatures to wake it up.
This cost-effective keyless deadbolt lock has a touchscreen keypad, eliminating the traditional keys. It includes 60 mm night latches with a retrofit and is available with or without the Yale Y3 night latch, depending on the customer’s pick. This keyless digital lock is simple to program – all you have to do is change your 4-12 PIN code. It is also wireless and battery operated.
- The boxed product weight is 1.7 kilograms
- It has the dimensions of 5 x 12.5 x 29.5 cm
- 4 AA batteries are required
- You have the option of audio feedback (beeps or not)
- If an incorrect passcode is entered more than 5 times in a row, it locks you out in 3 minutes
- It has a two-option code that customers find incredibly useful
4. Kwikset Kevo (2nd Gen)
This keyless deadbolt is quite expensive, but according to customers, it is worth its price. It comes in satin nickel and reviews for the upgraded (2nd Gen) locks are highly positive.
However, it is not 100% efficient as it does not always unlock on the first touch and take 20-30 seconds which can be irritating sometimes. In these cases, using the key that comes with the product tends to grant faster access.
This touch-to-open Bluetooth smart lock provides an easy way to gain access into your home. It includes a revocable electronic key that can be limited by time, and you can get a record of all the people coming into your house and leaving it.
Most customers do not use this as an everyday primary lock as the Bluetooth connection via smartphone (Android and iPhone) is inconsistent and requires putting the phone next to the lock, regardless of the handset used. For the lock to function, your Bluetooth needs to be enabled at all times.
The locks look very stylish, and the lighting ring is great for providing the status.
- The product has a weight of 1.6 kilograms
- It has the dimensions of 26.2 x 14.9 x 9.5 cm
- 4 AA batteries are required to run this keyless deadbolt and they come with the product
- It is smaller and sleeker than its previous versions
- You can monitor your lock history, obtaining maximum security
5. Danalock Smartlock
This keyless deadbolt lock is way cheaper than the Kwikset Kevo but doesn’t seem quite that popular. It is not very reliable with Bluetooth and requires you to carry your key at all times.
This smart lock for smartphones is easy to mount. Its installation and setup are uncomplicated and its functions are basic, so customers find it easy to use. It is small and strong.
Access can be shared via email or SMS. Furthermore, you will be notified each time your lock is used. However, the Bluetooth connection is slow, so accessing the mobile application instantly can prove to be a problem.
- The boxed product weight is 1.2 kilograms
- 4 CR123A batteries are required. They come with the product
- Product dimensions are 59 mm x 59 mm
- It is made of anodized aluminum
- Average battery life is 9000 cycles
- It only comes in silver color
6. Z-Wave Poly-Control Danalock
This programmable door lock is not an inexpensive option, but it serves multiple functions. However, there are some reviews that prove that the application is difficult to navigate and the Bluetooth technology isn’t as responsive as its other rivals’.
This door lock is controlled directly by the smartphone application and Bluetooth. It is rectangular in shape and stands alone.
According to customers, the knock-to-unlock feature is unresponsive and alerts are rarely ever received. The lock is significant less sturdy than its rival counterparts.
- It has a weight of 762 grams
- The product dimensions are 8 x 15.2 x 12.6 cm
- 4 CR 123A batteries are required and they come with the door lock
- The battery cell type is alkaline
7. August Smart Lock
An expensive option, this door lock is safe and secure. It provides a keyless access to your home with smartphone applications.
However, it only works with US and Canada numbers, making it difficult for guests from abroad to gain access. Furthermore, its efficiency is questionable as sometimes, the lock takes some time to unlock which is inconvenient to customers, especially when they are standing out in the rain.
This slick product has a simple do-it-yourself retrofit install. The interior of the deadbolt is replaceable, while the exterior cannot be changed. You can control who has access to your home and for precisely how long. Even though there is a Wi-Fi option, it is powered by a battery, which means that it is always on.
The August application can also be used to create keys and share access with family members or guests.
Part of the process is to gain verification via a text code. However, customers have termed it as slightly ‘glitchy’ as it takes a lot of time to grant access. You need to go on the application, turn the Bluetooth on, wait for it to connect, and then wait for a couple more seconds.
The application and lock both do not lock instantly. Although the deadbolt is quite big, it has a great fit and finish. It is also noiseless, and the customer service is great and efficient.
- The deadbolt comes in red color
- It has a weight of 454 grams
- The product dimensions are 8.3 x 8.3 x 5.6 cm
- 4 AA batteries are required and included
- The average battery life is 8765 hours
8. Danalock SmartLock V3
A cheaper option, this keyless entry deadbolt is an electronic Bluetooth door lock and the application can be installed via iOS or Android phones. It is secure and efficient and has a touch option too.
The deadbolt is secure thanks to the unique AES 256-bit encryption technology.
It allows you to give other people access while you are on the go, tracking your home security. Email notifications are also sent to alert you of your logins.
It is cylindrical in shape and in order to for the lock to be installed, no drilling is required. It is suitable for any door which can be released with a mechanical 6-pin euro profile cylinder.
No Wi-Fi or external power supply is needed as it works on batteries. Furthermore, the auto-lock function locks the door automatically after a given period of time.
- The product has the dimensions of 11 x 11 x 10 cm
- It has a diameter of 60 mm, height of 65 mm, and a weight of 200 grams
- 4 CR123 A batteries are required
- The battery life is up to one year
- The deadbolt is made of anodized aluminum and ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) materials
These were a couple of high-quality keyless deadlocks. While all of them have their pros and cons, we have listed them all for you in order to make your decision easier.